Advanced Care Paramedic
Location: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick PEI, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Ontario
Duties of Position:
This work involves independent advanced clinical care and, where appropriate, the safe transportation of individuals, including emergency and non-emergency responses as well as inter-facility transfers.
Clinical expectations and responsibilities for Advanced Care Paramedics are based on the current National Occupational Competency Profile (NOCP), Paramedic Association/College of paramedics of the province’s registration requirements and MHS policies, procedures and protocols.
Advanced Care Paramedics are also expected to maintain and operate ambulances or clinical support units (CSU) and related equipment in accordance with patient needs and public safety.
Required Qualifications and Other Job Requirements:
- Completion of an Advanced Care Paramedic program/course with a minimum of two years’ experience working as a Primary Care Paramedic;
- Must meet all legislated requirements for Advanced Care Paramedics in the province;
- Must be a registered, active Advanced Care Paramedic with the Paramedic Association/college of paramedics in the province;
- Must have a valid Class 4 Driver's License within the province applying for (or equivalent);
- Must submit a valid and clean criminal record check;
- Proof of successful paramedic physical abilities testing) that has been completed in the last 12 months
- Must demonstrate the ability to work efficiently as a member of the team and possess strong interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to work all shifts as assigned, maintaining a good attendance record;
- Ability to show others how to perform task/duties as part of the departmental orientation;
- Must have a high regard for confidentiality;
- Must be willing to participate and contribute to the pilot project, related research initiatives and focus groups.
- Must have excellent work habits and exhibit professionalism;
- Must be willing to participate in community Paramedicine duties;
- Written & Spoken competency in one of the two official languages (English or French) and spoken competency in the other official language is required.
- Must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, or a valid medical certificate exempting them from the vaccine. Unvaccinated employees will be required to follow all workplace mitigation measures determined by the Employer, based on Public Heath guidance.
Work With Us
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative of the citizens we serve. We are committed to building an inclusive team that represents a variety of backgrounds, cultures, races, perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including women, persons of any sexual orientations and gender identities and/or expressions, Indigenous persons, African Canadians, other racialized groups, persons with disabilities. Candidates who identify as being from any of these groups are encouraged to voluntarily self-identify.