Communications Consultant (Ontario Operations)
Medavie Health Services, part of the Medavie family of companies, is a health care delivery company with a long history of providing innovative Community Paramedicine programs and delivering Mobile Integrated Health Services.
As the largest contract provider of emergency medical services (EMS) in Canada, we operate 11 subsidiary companies in Canada and employ or manage 4,300 dedicated, health care professionals. In Ontario, we have a presence in Chatham-Kent and Elgin County. We are also engaged with Perth County Paramedic Services.
Working closely with Medavie’s Manager, Corporate Communications this role is needed to:
- Support ongoing engagement with our Ontario Operations’ paramedic service leads and act as a dedicated resource
- Develop communications materials for internal and external purposes to support contract negotiations, staffing changes, local issues, new programs/initiatives, awards, partnerships, etc.
- Materials may include: key messages, talking points, news releases, internal memos, social media posts, etc.
- Support the management of the Ontario Operations’ social media properties, working closely with on-the-ground teams to develop content and increase engagement levels
- Support local media interview opportunities, both proactively and reactively, by shaping out messages and preparing local subject-matter experts from within Ontario Operations and identifying opportunities for local media coverage
- Establish a working relationship, as needed, with local stakeholders/partners (i.e) Chief
- Administrative Officers for the counties, local health alliances, etc.
- Support ongoing ad hoc requests
Note: This is not a full-time role. Hours will vary, week-over-week, depending on need and demand.
Qualifications / Key Skills
- Previous communications background or experience
- Understanding of unionized environments
- Understanding of municipal issues (where we have a presence) and how decisions at the municipal level are made
- Understanding of key health care trends in Ontario, as it relates to paramedicine, Ontario Health Teams, hallway medicine
- A flexible work schedule and ability to provide increased support depending on the need and demand
- Strong writing skills and ability to tailor a message for different audiences
- Ability to adapt to changing expectations
- Someone who is proactive and accountable, and comfortable engaging with people at various levels
- Open to occasional travel between municipalities
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest and encourage those looking for casual, part time work to apply. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To apply online, please submit your covering letter and resume (as one document).
Medavie is an equal opportunity employer.